installation enquiry continued

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ganges99
Participant

installation enquiry continued

Post by ganges99 »

I appreciate your help but i would like to give more information regarding my problem

1... i have a DS installed on the unix server solaris 9 suppose say in directory

/usr/bin/less/datastage 1

and already there are projects and jobs in that datastage.....

2....Now i want to install the datastage in the same server in different directory...say

/usr/bin/newfolder/datastage2

.so in doing this

can any one please let me know any

1. Also if yes wat are the errors i would likely to face in future

2. if no then wat are the reasons for not getting installed
felixyong
Participant

Re: installation enquiry continued

Post by felixyong »

Multiple instances of DataStage exist since V7.x but only offically supported on V7.5.x and only run on UNIX or LINUX.

Reason to install multiple instances of DataStage
1) Test out 7.5.1 without uninstalling an earlier version
2 )Test installing a version of DataStage
3) Install a concurrent version to solve a problem or test a different configuration
4) Upgrade to next version in a complex environments with multiple teams and projects running concurrently.

It is not recommended to do it permanently in Production as extra resources and overhead are consumed by the extra instances. Typically for situation 4 above, you should shutdown the old instances once all projects migrated to the new version.
ganges99 wrote:I appreciate your help but i would like to give more information regarding my problem

1... i have a DS installed on the unix server solaris 9 suppose say in directory

/usr/bin/less/datastage 1

and already there are projects and jobs in that datastage.....

2....Now i want to install the datastage in the same server in different directory...say

/usr/bin/newfolder/datastage2

.so in doing this

can any one please let me know any

1. Also if yes wat are the errors i would likely to face in future

2. if no then wat are the reasons for not getting installed
Regards
Felix