reference document for row generator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poonam12
Participant

reference document for row generator

Post by poonam12 »

Hi All,
I need to learn about different row generator algos as there is some permutation data to be generated. Please tell/provide the documents to read for learning about these algorithms and their different attributes. I could not find anything in parjdev.pdf.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Try the on-line help. As you open each property the information pane is populated, or you can position the mouse pointer over the property name in the Available Properties to Add window to get the same information. Pressing F1 gets you on-line help where you can click on the relevant part of the image to get help.

Apart from that, the technical writers probably thought that the algorithms were sufficiently self-explanatory - after all, what are they? Cycle, Random and Alphabet. Play with them and you soon learn how each works.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
poonam12
Participant

Post by poonam12 »

i may sound stupid but what do you mean by online help the one we get by pressing f1 on our datastage canvas or there is some seperate url for accessing online help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Press F1 while you have a Row Generator stage open.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
poonam12
Participant

Post by poonam12 »

yes i got explanation upto some extent...Thanks