warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sundar
Participant

warning

Post by sundar »

Hi all,

My source database is oracle and the column key_1 datatype is number(10), I am able to view the records in the source.

In Datastage it is decimal 38,10

when i run the job,i am getting the following warning
SrcTltr: Column KEY_1 floating point decimal is not fully supported; adjusting the scale.

Regards
Sundar
abhi989
Participant

Post by abhi989 »

You have number(10) defined in your source column, and you decimalhave defined 38,10 defined in DS. Change Decimal 38,10 just to 38 (remove the scale value) should fix the problem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How did it get to be DECIMAL(38,10) in DataStage, if it's NUMBER(10) in the database? Did the database change after the table definition had been imported?

Perhaps your site has some metadata management issues that need to be addressed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arun@sinmax
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by arun@sinmax »

Hi

How you import the table definition.
Last edited by arun@sinmax on Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Import through plug-in is known to be inaccurate for OCI. Import using Orchestrate orchdbutil facility.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.