Error while installing Datastage PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balu124
Participant

Error while installing Datastage PX

Post by balu124 »

Hi,
I am getting the folloing error while installation of Datastage server components.

Setup failed to apply licence information

Please contact your supplier with the details logged in C:\Ascentail\Datastage\engine\uvregen_output.log

The specified folder contain the following information

Command = uvregen QQ9DeJtwCZq -s 60806-DSSRV999 -d 01/17/2008 -l 8

Must be root or base administrator to run this process.

Verify the DSHOME setting.
Can any one help on this....

Thanks in advance

Bala
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Which part of "Please contact your supplier" was unclear?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sarangadhar
Participant

Post by sarangadhar »

You should logon to your system as local administrator.

If you are on Vista, local admin is different from normal admin. This may be true with XP as well.
Thanks
balu124
Participant

Post by balu124 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Which part of "Please contact your supplier" was unclear? ...
Hi Rey ,

while I am installing server componentsin the middle at 33% of compleation I am getting this error.
balu124
Participant

Post by balu124 »

sarangadhar wrote:You should logon to your system as local administrator.

If you are on Vista, local admin is different from normal admin. This may be true with XP as well.
Hi sarangadhar,
I installed the client components successfully.ie : I have the admin privileges.
sarangadhar
Participant

Post by sarangadhar »

client installation complete doesn't mean that you have proper rights. Cient is OS based and server is network based. Hence without proper admin rights, Client gets installed.
Thanks
sarangadhar
Participant

Post by sarangadhar »

In Vista, it is different to XP in terms of local admin login. Anybody has idea on this.

I am able to install on XP, but not on vista. getting problem with improper local admin
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Vista is not supported as an operating system for DataStage. The vendor makes no guarantees that the product will even install.

The same is true of XP, but XP has been around longer and is closer to the Windows NT model that does support DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sarangadhar
Participant

Post by sarangadhar »

Yes, IBM is yet to certify for Vista, but I installed successfully7.5.x

Now I am thiking of installing 8.0 on Vista with 2GB of RAM. is this enough for server. As manual says, 4-8GB of RAM is needed for server. Can't I install 8.0 server on vista? Unfortunately, my maximum allowable RAM is 2GB, hence i coudn't upgrade.
Thanks
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Now, I am really wondering why my company gets charged so much by IBM for the licenses. It seems like everyone could afford a license for IIS 8.0.1.