failed validation due to change in dataset composition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

travissolt
Participant

failed validation due to change in dataset composition

Post by travissolt »

We have a chain of DS-jobs that build datasets which are used for different jobs. When changing a dataset downstream (say we add a new field) and then we try to re-validate the job the job fails validation because the field does not exist in the dataset. Is there a reason that during validation the job will not create a dummy dataset based on the fields provided rather then reference back to the old dataset used in the last run? Even after deleting the datasets the job still failed validation saying that the datasets did not exist. Is their a way around this issue? If I compile and run the job no issues. It's only if I try to validate prior to running that it fails validation.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Data Sets' structure is locked in once they're created. You must delete the Data Set if you wish to change its structure.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.