DS_PXDEBUG

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS_PXDEBUG

Post by boxtoby »

Guys,

I am trying to get DS to produce a dump when it aborts.

I understand that by setting DS_PXDEBUG=1 (True) and APT_DUMP_SCORE=True this should happen, but it is not.

Does anyone have experience of doing this that they could pass on?

Thanks,
Bob.
Bob Oxtoby
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS_PXDEBUG should write the score to the directory indicated (this is not a True/False environment variable). Try using one or the other. APT_DUMP_SCORE should log an event containing the job score; the first line has the form "This step has N data sets".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

It's PX_DEBUG!

Post by boxtoby »

Thanks for responding, Ray.

I found out eventually through support that the env var is PX_DEBUG=1

I also discovered that there is a unix core dump file in the project directory in addition to the DS dump.
Bob Oxtoby
boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS_PXDEBUG, further correction

Post by boxtoby »

I now find that it is $DS_PXDEBUG=1, you have to define it as an environment variable and then include it in the job .....

A warning message appears in the log to show it is switched on and logs appeard in <projectdir>/Debugging/<jobname>
Bob Oxtoby
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My bad. There is another environment variable that can be used to set the pathname of the directory. It's in the Reporting group.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.