What background process is going on After triggering PX job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pdv
Premium Member
Premium Member

What background process is going on After triggering PX job

Post by pdv »

I want know the exact process that is taking place in background when a datastage PX job is running.
Vino
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your first misapprehension is that there is "a" process. There may be many, and precisely how many depends, on the job design, the currently chosen configuration (number of nodes), and the degree of optimization, particularly operator combination and inserted operators.

Clearly, if you want to know exactly what is going on, the above paragraph should indicate that it's too large a topic to be covered easily here. You ought to enrol in one of the DataStage parallel edition training classes to gain this information. While it is described in the manuals, it's not all in one place.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pdv
Premium Member
Premium Member

THANKS A LOT

Post by pdv »

ray.wurlod wrote:Your first misapprehension is that there is "a" process. There may be many, and precisely how many depends, on the job design, the currently chosen configuration (number of nodes), and the degree of ...
Vino
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For less than 30c per day you can be a premium member and be able to read entire posts from premium posters (of whom there are only five). This money goes totally towards covering the hosting/bandwidth charges needed to keep DSXchange running. It's a worthwhile investment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.