Error: APT_TeraSync: could not create operator sync table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsguy1247
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error: APT_TeraSync: could not create operator sync table

Post by dsguy1247 »

I get the following error message when using a Teradata Enterprise stage.

"Fatal Error: APT_TeraSync: could not create operator sync table."

I am using a User defined SQL and am trying to select data from a view.

I am unable to figure out why I am getting this error. Appreciate and inputs/pointers.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

This has been marked Resolved - could you post your resolution? Someone with similar issues may find the solution of value :)

Brad.
durgaps
Participant

Post by durgaps »

Hi,

I am also getting the same error. Can the original poster please provide the resolution to this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Durga Prasad
josfar
Participant

Post by josfar »

bcarlson wrote:This has been marked Resolved - could you post your resolution? Someone with similar issues may find the solution of value :)

Brad.
i ran with the same problem. And here is the solution:
1. if ur Read Method is set to "Table", and had specified the "Database" in Connection Category and had some privilige on the database.
I hadn't find the minium privilige set on the database required to avoid the error. In my situation, I created a new Database "odstest", and granted full privilige on it to the user. And the error msg disappeared.

2. or u can set Read Method to "User defined SQL", remove "Database" in Connection Category and fill it with sql statement like "select * from dwsdata.table".

Hope it works to u.
thepakks
Participant

Thnx

Post by thepakks »

josfar wrote:
bcarlson wrote:This has been marked Resolved - could you post your resolution? Someone with similar issues may find the solution of value :)

Brad.
i ran with the same problem. And here is the solution:
1. if ur Read Method is set to "Table", and had specified the "Database" in Connection Category and had some privilige on the database.
I hadn't find the minium privilige set on the database required to avoid the error. In my situation, I created a new Database "odstest", and granted full privilige on it to the user. And the error msg disappeared.

2. or u can set Read Method to "User defined SQL", remove "Database" in Connection Category and fill it with sql statement like "select * from dwsdata.table".

Hope it works to u.
Deepak
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? ??

Ok, now I see - the subject of this post is "Thnx". FYI- people can only see that when they reply so it's not really an effective technique. And please, you don't need to quote the whole dang message just to say 'Thanks'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers