error in conversion logic

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

error in conversion logic

Post by kavuri »

Hi i am getting a warning while running a transformer job, where I had used a C code.

Sequential_File_2: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "ROLLNO": "null_field" length (0) must match field's fixed width (13)

Can anybody tell me how can I eliminate this one?

Thanks
Kavuri
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: error in conversion logic

Post by kavuri »

Can anybody tell me what is the warning here

Sequential_File_2: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "ROLLNO": "null_field" length (0) must match field's fixed width (12)

Sequential_File_2: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "ROLLNO": Exporting a fixed length field with a "null_field" of length 0 will prohibit a re-import of this field

Thanks
Kavuri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In a fixed-width format file any representation of NULL must have the same number of characters as the field in which it occurs. Your Null Field Value property is set to "" for a Char(13) field. What you actually require is a value with 13 characters in it ro represent NULL - perhaps 13 space characters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Eventhough my field is defined with char of length 13, incoming data is of variable length. So If we want to eliminate this warning what can I do? I cant change the width of the field.

Thanks
Kavuri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only thing you can do, if you can't change the representation of NULL, is change the column definition from Char(13) to VarChar(13) - which is not fixed-width.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.