How to implement After and Before in ODBC stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

How to implement After and Before in ODBC stage

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Hi,

I want to implement a query(A), Before this query(A) I want to implement another query(B) and After query(A), I want to implement one more query(C).

In simple, like MSOLEDB stage(it consists Before and After tabs), I want to implement above logic in ODBC stage.

Please suggest me.

Regards
Sridhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Three jobs in a job sequence. Job1 executes query A and has two triggers to Job2 (which executes query B) and to Job3 (which executes query C).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You can also use the OPEN and CLOSE commands in the enterprise stage. These properties are present under 'Options'.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
baigdw
Participant

Re: How to implement After and Before in ODBC stage

Post by baigdw »

Just a thought .. Can't we use a custom sql with seperators for the 3 queries to be executed one after the other.
:P
Baig
Nothing is Impossible in this world. TRY ..try till you Succeed.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try it. Let us know.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.