Floating point decimal warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sridhar Sivakoti
Participant

Floating point decimal warning

Post by Sridhar Sivakoti »

Hi,

I have designed a job with below user defined query on Oracle stage.

FROM APPADS.s_dim_store s LEFT OUTER JOIN
APPADS.s_dim_store_vers v
ON s.store_num= v.store_num FULL OUTER JOIN
APPADS.s_ipm_store i
ON v.store_num=i.SBUX_STORE_NUM

When I am reading the data from source tables I am getting below warning for s_dim_store table columns only.

Column BANQT_MERCH_NUM floating point decimal is not fully supported; adjusting the scale

In source oracle table column data type is Number and when I import the metadata for these colmns in Oracle stage it has taken default data type as Decimal[38,0].

One strange thing is in above queryIf I take the LEFT OUTER JOIN instead of FULL OUTER JOIN I am not getting the above warning.

Please let me know whether the warning is comming because of FULL OUTER JOIN instead of LEFT OUTER JOIN or any other reason.

Thanks for your help.
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: Floating point decimal warning

Post by kwwilliams »

Is the s_dim_store data the only table that is defined as number?

What we have found is that you should be very precise in your database definitions fully defining the columns as number[n,n]. This tells DataStage exactly what to expect from the database. Anything else it tends to view as a float and it will always adjust the scale.