related to log table in TPUMP Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rakesh.nc
Participant

related to log table in TPUMP Stage

Post by rakesh.nc »

hi all,

i am using TPUMP stage to load the teradata table.. whenever the jobs get aborted because of some error after rectifing the error if i rerun the job without clearing the contents of the log table whcih is created by TPUMP stage it will abort the job by throwing the following error ' log table already exist' ,when i clear the log table job will run successfully..

may i know why this is happening?

should datastage expects the log table to be empty to rerun the aborted job?

or is there are any solutions to append the log tabel to rerun the aborted job?
regards,
Rakesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Teradata TPUMP utility expects the log table to be empty. It's not a DataStage requirement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rakesh.nc
Participant

Post by rakesh.nc »

ray.wurlod wrote:The Teradata TPUMP utility expects the log table to be empty. It's not a DataStage requirement. ...

thank you...

is there is anyways to overcome this clearing statement.....
what i mean to say is, inside TPUMP utility i am writing "delete from log_tablename", but few not agree for this.. is there any way...
regards,
Rakesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try clearing the log table before invoking the TPUMP utility.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.