Where does the Jobs that we creates are stored in repository

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthikgk0705
Premium Member
Premium Member

Where does the Jobs that we creates are stored in repository

Post by karthikgk0705 »

Hi,
I know that jobs are stored in the repository.But where does this repository physically lies?How can I find the created job in the physical path?

Thanks
Karthik.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Where does the Jobs that we creates are stored in reposi

Post by gateleys »

karthikgk0705 wrote:Hi,
I know that jobs are stored in the repository.But where does this repository physically lies?How can I find the created job in the physical path?

Thanks
Karthik.
If you are expecting the job to be in some 'Clickable' format (like a .doc file), you will be disappointed.

You may want to learn more about DS_JOBS and DS_JOBOBJECTS. Further, you may want to learn about DataStage architecture from the man himself ... here is what he has to say -
http://home.iprimus.com.au/raywurlod/pa ... /frame.htm
gateleys
karthikgk0705
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthikgk0705 »

Thanks for your info. But your hint doesn't answers my question!
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Where does the Jobs that we creates are stored in reposi

Post by gateleys »

karthikgk0705 wrote:Thanks for your info. But your hint doesn't answers my question! Karthik.
OK... Then let me try again -
karthikgk0705 wrote:But where does this repository physically lies?
Since you are on version 7.x, the repository is in the Universe, a database owned by IBM which resides in the DataStage server.
karthikgk0705 wrote:How can I find the created job in the physical path?
The job information is spread over many universe files. Like I said before, some information is stored in DS_JOBS, some in DS_JOBOBJECTS, etc. The runtime info is stored in those directories which begin as RT_ with the last 3 digits being the job number.

However, your question needs elaborate answers, and that is why I suggested the link. I am sorry if the pointer to Ray's explanation was not helpful.
gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Repository is a database.
You can only access it via queries or programmatically.
Note, however, that the vendor deliberately does not publish full details of the Repository database structure, so that you're limited in what you can retrieve with queries.

For some reason the presentation has become corrupted (maybe it's newer browser version) - you can't see the pictures.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Abhijeet1980
Participant

Post by Abhijeet1980 »

But still as a programmer, u should hava a look at it.......query them (DS_JOBS, DS_JOBOBJECTS, DS_STAGES, DS_SUBROUTINES etc etc).

Physically u shall see BASIC program files (.o) for every job that u have developed.
Kind regards
Abhijit Gaikwad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Wrong, wrong and wrong again.

A Search of the forum will find the correct design time table names, which do not include DS_SUBROUTINES or DS_STAGES.

No BASIC code has a .o suffix. Such files are more likely to be compiled C++ code (particularly since the job type is marked as "parallel").

Run time metadata are stored in directories called RT_BPnnn (for server jobs) or RT_SCnnn (for parallel jobs).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.