Sequential flat file terminates early on some records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequential flat file terminates early on some records

Post by hobocamp »

I've seen several near-similar posts to this, but not this problem exactly.

I'm reading in a flat fixed width sequential file to a server job. Most records have the correct length. But a few have an early terminator, which breaks the remainder of the record off into a new, shorter record.

By changing some of the parameters in the sequential file properties, i'm able to successfully read the file. But I'd like to put it back out with every line the same length. I've tried using various parsings, using EReplace to remove the early terminator, etc., all to no avail. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I might remove the early terminator and put out all records the same length?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom Smith
hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hobocamp »

Sorry about that. I realized I posted this in the wrong forum. I'll repost in the server job forum.

Tom Smith
kris
Participant

Re: Sequential flat file terminates early on some records

Post by kris »

Tom,

If you are using datastage to just fix this file, may be not a good idea. You could use a shell script to do it.

I would leave that up to you. Anyways, what exactly did you change on the Sequential file properties so that you could read? Were you able to pad the data after early terminator with those options?

Try space padding the rest of the line after every early terminator. I think you could use space() function in the transformer if you were parsing the data or default padding option on the Sequential file to do that.
~Kris