0 rows transferred

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

0 rows transferred

Post by kavuri »

Hi I run a simple job Its showing that 0 rows, 0rows/sec on the link from transformer. But I got the output file showing the data. What might be the problem?

Thanks
Kavuri
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This can happen for a number of reasons. First of all, I've found the monitor to be unreliable (well, I sometimes use the term "Flakey") for PX jobs. If the stage you are looking at has been optimized out of the run then it will also show a 0 value. What stages are you using? Do the source stage and the the target stage show any rows processed? Have you changed your project settings for monitoring in any way?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't rely on the GUI, for a whole heap of reasons.
Use the job log or monitor for a definitive row count.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Is your job multi instance job? Multi instance jobs always show 0 rows as job statistics.
jwilliams
Participant

Post by jwilliams »

It's also possible that an earlier, working version of the program wrote data to the destination file that was valid. Changing the program stages in a way that won't produce data means that the program may not work, but using the "View Data" function in the destination (I think of a seq. file at the moment) will show what data is in that file, regardless of the failure of the last run.

As is said above, don't trust the GUI, especially the View Data option. Check the data on its own.
ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ccatania »

a few questions first:
How many rows are in the input files

Are there any constraints present

What is your taget file environment