Tera Data Multi Load Fast Export Options

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Tera Data Multi Load Fast Export Options

Post by ag_ram »

Hi all,

I am using a Tera data multi load stage to extract data. In that there is a tab FastExport which asks for Max sessions and Min sessions. Can any body suggest me what is the optimum value that i can give and what is the effect of increasing or decreasing the maximum value.

Iam using a four node configuraion.

How can i check number of players running and number of sessions openned?

Thanks,
Ram.
kris
Participant

Re: Tera Data Multi Load Fast Export Options

Post by kris »

I have used minum of 1 and maximum of 8 in one project. I don't rememebr exaclty how many CPUs we had on that Teradata server anymore.

But I think your DBA can come up with the best optimum values as it depends on the Teradata server and its architecture.

You can work with your DBA and run few tests and can come up with those values as well.

Hope this helps.
~Kris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Dump the score and inspect it. That will tell you the number of players; it is the same as the number of operators. The total number appears in the very last line of the score (as "processes"). Conductor and section leader processes are not counted in this total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.