IS 8.0.1 Installation on RHEL

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

IS 8.0.1 Installation on RHEL

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Information Server 8.0.1 on Redhat Linux. I have couple of questions that kinda put me in abeyance.

1. I know that IS 8.0.1 installs on "RHEL AS4.0". Is this version of RHEL same as "RHEL v4 Desktop "? Or do I need to use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 4 for 32-bit x86) " instead of " Red Hat Desktop (v. 4 for 32-bit x86) "?

2. I chose DB2 as the metadata repository. Do I have to have DB2 9 ESE installed in order to proceed with IS 8.0.1 installation or will the IS 8.0.1 installation itself will install the required DB2 on Linux?

Please advise. Your help is tremendously appreciated.

Many thanks,
Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: IS 8.0.1 Installation on RHEL

Post by ds_is_fun »

I_Server_Whale wrote:Hi all,

I'm trying to install Information Server 8.0.1 on Redhat Linux. I have couple of questions that kinda put me in abeyance.

1. I know that IS 8.0.1 installs on "RHEL AS4.0". Is this version of RHEL same as "RHEL v4 Desktop "? Or do I need to use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 4 for 32-bit x86) " instead of " Red Hat Desktop (v. 4 for 32-bit x86) "?

You should be able to install IS 801 only on RHEL.

2. I chose DB2 as the metadata repository. Do I have to have DB2 9 ESE installed in order to proceed with IS 8.0.1 installation or will the IS 8.0.1 installation itself will install the required DB2 on Linux?

If you don't have DB2 already IS801 comes bundled with DB2 which will get installed and act as your met rep. You can also choose other dBs at the time of installation to act as your met rep.

Please advise. Your help is tremendously appreciated.

Many thanks,
Whale.
Those who throw objects at crocodiles should be asked to retreive 'em.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

ds_is_fun wrote:
I_Server_Whale wrote:

Thanks for your reply. But my first question was on which version of RHEL is applicable.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_is_fun »

I_Server_Whale wrote:
ds_is_fun wrote:
I_Server_Whale wrote:

Thanks for your reply. But my first question was on which version of RHEL is applicable.
I would not install it on RHEL desktop for the reasons as listed by redhat.com.
http://www.redhat.com/rhel/desktop/details/

Since IS 801 works on a complete client-server functionality. It will be optimum to install it on RHEL AS.

If there is more than what I'm saying pl. let us know..
Thanks!
Those who throw objects at crocodiles should be asked to retreive 'em.