Unable to save Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to save Job

Post by ds_is_fun »

Error Message - Unable to save EditServ.impl.JobDefnImpl@58d3cc94.
I created a job and saving a Jobs folder and above is the error.
Thanks!
Those who throw objects at crocodiles should be asked to retreive 'em.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you try to 'save as' another name and/or another category or does that generate the same error?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This looks like a temporary file name used when invoking the Metadata Delivery service to save the job into Information Server database. Find out where you've configured storage of temporary files, and check that you have write permission there and its file system is not full.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_is_fun »

I earlier thought that DS jobs would be saved in ../Projects/<ProjectName>DSJobs.
It appears from your suggestion that Jobs are now saved in metadata rep.
Is that true?

I just purchased premium membership looking at Ray's response. Got very curious.
Thanks!
ray.wurlod wrote:This looks like a temporary file name used when invoking the Metadata Delivery service to save the job into Information Server database. Find out where you've configured storage of temporary files, a ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All metadata, including design-time metadata, are saved in IIS repository. That's one of the main thrusts of version 8.

During the transition some of the metadata may be replicated in the "traditional" DataStage repository, but don't rely on this being complete and don't rely on it continuing into the future.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_is_fun »

Whats the file pattern of a temporary file.
Is it something like dstmp.070719.132649A.

ray.wurlod wrote:All metadata, including design-time metadata, are saved in IIS repository. That's one of the main thrusts of version 8.

During the transition some of the metadata may be replicated in the "traditional" DataStage repository, but don't rely on this being complete and don't rely on it continuing into the future.
ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_is_fun »

Whats the file pattern of a temporary file.
Is it something like dstmp.070719.132649A.
OR
Is it the DS_TEMP variable?
Thanks!
ray.wurlod wrote:All metadata, including design-time metadata, are saved in IIS repository. That's one of the main thrusts of version 8.

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no particular pattern. You will note that the one in the original error message contained an @ symbol and a hexadecimal suffix (which I'm guessing provides uniqueness in some fashion).
ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_is_fun »

Ray,
The issue was a quota nolimit command on Oracle met rep.
Now, with no quota limit we should have less freezes.
Thanks!