Full oute rJoin

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Full oute rJoin

Post by irajasekharhexa »

Hi,

I am trying to Join two datasets by using Join stage and performing the Full outer Join.

So I am getting the output in several fields for several unmathed rows with some defalult values .

Like for date type i am getting 0001-01-01 and for Intger type I am getting Value 0

Instead of getting this defalut values for un-matched records I need to get either Null or Blank.

I searched in manuals and forum but not found any....

Can any body suggest where can i orverwrite the defalut values?

Regds
Rajasekhar
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

You can do one of two things. To make columns null when there is no match you need to set the column to nullable. To assign default values you need to go to the columns tab and double-click on the box with the column number to open the meta data editor.
Mike
irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

michaeld wrote:You can do one of two things. To make columns null when there is no match you need to set the column to nullable. To assign default values you need to go to the columns tab and double-click on the box with the column number to open the meta data editor.
Hi When I made it is Nullable at the Joiner stage instead of giving the Null values at the fields, The defalut value contained records are filtering.

I made to nullable for a particlulor field date and ran but the records are filtering

Where exactly i need to set the Nullable to 'Yes'

Thanks for the response.

Regds
Rajasekhar
irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

irajasekharhexa wrote:
michaeld wrote:You can do one of two things. To make columns null when there is no match you need to set the column to nullable. To assign default values you need to go to the columns tab and double-click on the box with the column number to open the meta data editor.
Hi When I made it is Nullable at the Joiner stage instead of giving the Null values at the fields, The defalut value contained records are filtering.

I made to nullable for a particlulor field date and ran but the records are filtering

Where exactly i need to set the Nullable to 'Yes'

Thanks for the response.

Regds

Hi Mike,

I was not made the nullbale to 'Yes' Propery. Now It's working fine.

Thanks Lot.

Regds
Rajasekhar
Rajasekhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Time to mark the thread as Resolved.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.