Sybase Stage error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

scorpion
Participant

Sybase Stage error

Post by scorpion »

Hi All,

I am using Sybase database table as my Source table and i have a user defined query in my source sybase stage.
When i fire the query to dabase i am getting like 20,000 records .but in my datastage i am getting 10000 records.

Can any one have any idea on this.

the query which i fire on my database is as same as which is my userdefined sql qry in my source sybase stage.

Help will be appreciated.
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Are you stating that if you take the same query and put it into your PX sybase stage and write that to a sequential file with no other stages in the job, you get only half as many rows?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you perhaps using a two-node configuration file, and looking at the row count on one node and not the other?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
scorpion
Participant

Post by scorpion »

No Ray,

when i tried to see the process of records by clicking'show performance statstics' it is displaying records as 10000.
and i am getting in my target file also as 10000 records only.

my job is like:

sybasestage----->transformer---->dataset

sybase stage transferring only 10000records instead of 20000records.
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Insert two dummy records into your Sybase table and re-run the job. Do you get 10,000, 10,001 or 10,002 records now?
scorpion
Participant

Post by scorpion »

Hi,

I am still facing same issue...?

SELECT * FROM xxx
WHERE LST_UPDT_DTTM<= "#To_Date_Parm#" AND LST_UPDT_DTTM>"#From_Date_Parm#"

and the values of To_Date and From_Date parameters i am passing same values which are in my parameterfile when i run qry in database.

when i run database it is giving correct records,but in datastage job it is not giving correct records.
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
scorpion
Participant

Post by scorpion »

Can any one faced before this kind of issue?

Help me on this..
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Are they any warning/error messages in the log? Also have you checked your imported metadata, it sometime gives wierd results due to metadata mismatch. As Arnd suggested add two or three records to the current table and check.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
scorpion
Participant

Post by scorpion »

Hi,

there are no warning/error messages in the log,about this perticular sybase source stage.

And I have checked imported metadata,and As Arnd suggested added some records to the current table and the issue is remaining same.

any thoughts?
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Is that your complete query or you have something attached to it? Also what is configuration file details?
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

scorpion wrote:...and As Arnd suggested added some records to the current table and the issue is remaining same...
The result you get after adding records is important in diagnosing your error - 'same' doesn't help at all. Do you have just 10,000 records now (implying a limit is set somewhere), 10,001 (implying an even splitting of data) or 10,002 (implying a selection issue)?
scorpion
Participant

Post by scorpion »

Hi All,

I got the solution for this issue,actually one of my column in my sybase table is having datatype as 'float-8',but i am extracting this column as 'decimal',this was giving the issue,
when i tried extracting the column with datatype as 'double' ,it is extracting all the records now.

I dont understand why decimal is dropping the records?

any way i got the solution now,and thanks for all.and time to make it as resolved...
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

check the range of decimal in datastage and float in sybase

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

If the decimal range is half the range of the float then there is a possiblity of wrap in the numbers to a negative value which would be passed as input to SQL querry.The ultimate result is that the point untill it doesnt wrap will pick records after that it will not pick records as it doesnt satisfy the where clause
Regards
Ragu