Absence of the "Row Merger" and "Row Splitter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ratuldey
Participant

Absence of the "Row Merger" and "Row Splitter

Post by ratuldey »

Hi,
I have been currently working on DataStage Server Edition 7.5.2 in UNIX environment. I had come across 2 particular processing stages known as "Row Merger" and "Row Splitter". These stages are available under Processing Stages only in DataStage Server Edition 7.5.2 and NOT in version 7.5x2 (for Win 2003).
Are these stages available at all in DataStage Server Edition 7.5x2 (for Windows)? If possible do send some useful links where I can get more information regarding this stage.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I have not gotton a chance to work with 7.5x2 on windows but I dont see any reason of its absence except that these are plugin stages and might have been left out during the install. Check the docs of that version and specifically check the help for these two stages. They should be present in the docs. Get back to IBM or do an install of these plugins.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe whoever installed DataStage chose not to install them. Do they exist in the Packages folder on the installation CD?

If you are using an image from IBM training they won't be present, because these are used to illustrate how to install plug-in stage types.

But aren't they server stage types, not parallel stage types?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Ray is right....those are Server side plugins only. x2 is an implementatin of Parallel..... they should show up on the Server canvas, but if not, it wouldn't surprise me. 7.5x2 was specifically designed to illustrate how EE would work in parallel on Windows.

Column Import and Column Export can/should be able to perform similar functionality.

Ernie