What stage & Logic to use!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

What stage & Logic to use!

Post by ds2000 »

im extracting date field from a flat file and want to use this date as parameter to use in other jobs where i have to query other tables on this date. How can i do that. Or any other suggestion.
bkumar103
Participant

Post by bkumar103 »

One way might be using the batch subroutine to read and extract date field from the file. The value can be set as the parameter using DSSETPARAM function to set the value for parameter for individual jobs.
bkumar103
Participant

Post by bkumar103 »

One way might be using the batch subroutine to read and extract date field from the file. The value can be set as the parameter using DSSETPARAM function to set the value for parameter for individual jobs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Create a job sequence.
Construct an Execute Command activity to execute the command to read the date from the file (or use a Routine activity that invokes a routine to do the same).
Pick up this value as the output value of the command (or the return value of the routine) when setting the job parameter in the downstream Job activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.