Records missing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Records missing

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

Iam having a job with a Dataset file , transformer and Db2 API stage . Iam trying to insert 3.3 million records in to the target table , Iam missing 650 records in table but those records are present in the dataset and my Datastage Director is not showing me any warnings , there is a ID column in the table with auto generated . But my biggest worry is no warnings are generated for the records that are dropped .

Can some body tell me why it is happening so

Thanks,
Srinu
somaraju
bandish
Participant

Post by bandish »

Use a Pivot stage after the DB2 API stage to get the rejected records and their reason for rejection.
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Bandish,

When I tried to use a pivot stage and try to connect from Db2 API stage it is saying stage doesnot support non reject output link whilst it has input links. How can I provide pivot stage after DB2 API it is my final stage in my job

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

bandish wrote "Use a Pivot stage after the DB2 API stage to get the rejected records and their reason for rejection." He must have meant Peek stage. Set the Reject records property id DB2 API stage to true and connect the reject link from target to peek stage. You will be able to see the rejected records in the director log.
Last edited by Maveric on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities - J.K.Rowling
bandish
Participant

Post by bandish »

Sorry for the confusion, I actually meant "PEEK" Stage.