Custom Stage using C++/C

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_debasis
Participant

Custom Stage using C++/C

Post by ds_debasis »

Hi
I need to build a custom stage using C/C++ ( earlier in server job using a routine like clean field, valid alpha numeric, getting ASCII value of alpha numeric inputs etc. ).

Can someone help me with the steps needed to incorporate C/C++ codes into PX environment?

Thanks in Advance
Debasis
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Select Stage Types branch in Repository. Right click, choose Add New Parallel Stage then, from the next menu, choose Build. Use the F1 or Help buttons within the stage editor to figure out what to do from there; what code to put on which tabs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You might find it easier to use custom routines in a parallel transformation rather than a custom stage. I put a link to IBM's custom parallel routine tutorial in my blog post The Top 7 Online DataStage Tutorials.
iDomz
Participant

Post by iDomz »

IBM Developerworks site has a document with very good examples. Not sure if that is what Vince mentions.

check for Create custom operators for WebSphere DataStage under Websphere -> Information Management.

It looks like good compared to the server job and parallel job guides
(No offences but quite a few of the threads here direct people to those guides. That is inhumane and should be outlawed as per geneva conventions)
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

iDomz, what would the URL be?
iDomz
Participant

Post by iDomz »

abc123 wrote:iDomz, what would the URL be?
Create custom operators for WebSphere DataStage

Cheers,
D
ds_debasis
Participant

Post by ds_debasis »

iDomz wrote:
abc123 wrote:iDomz, what would the URL be?
Create custom operators for WebSphere DataStage

Cheers,
D
Thanks a ton for this link.