Siebel With DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basanth
Participant

Siebel With DataStage

Post by basanth »

Hi Guys,

We have installed siebel plugin for DataStage. we were able to use the Siebel Direct Access Stage without any issues. But facing problem while using the BC stage and EIM stage. I get the following error when i hit the view data button in a BC stage.

SiebelTest..Siebel_BC_PACK_0: Initialize(): Can't find class SiebelDB.
SiebelTest..Siebel_BC_PACK_0.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

The error suggests SiebelDB.class cannot be found, I have cross checked and found that the siebelDB.class is existing in lib directory under the DSEngine.

I wanted to know is this because Siebel is not running on the same machine as DataStage or I need to install the Siebel Client on the DataStage Machine to use the BC and EIM stage. If yes, I have never heard about a siebel client on UNIX machines.
Is there any work around for this issue. Did any one come across this kind of issue before.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Basanth
basanth
Participant

Re: Siebel With DataStage

Post by basanth »

Hi Guys we got this issue resolved. It was a school boys mistake. We did not get the Siebel Jar files in Binary mode. We got them ftpied again in binary mode and the BC stage started working. Thanks for viewing this post. Please add if any comments or I can mark the topic resolved.

Regards
Basanth :D
anabi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by anabi »

Hi, .. I am still facing the same problem. I am using Siebel Tools 8.0 and I have the correct jar file. Any ideas
Ahmed El-Saeidi
Data Management Consultant
HanuKoya
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Siebel With DataStage

Post by HanuKoya »

Hi Basanth,

We are trying to upgrade our Seibel pack version 1.1 to 3.1. But some reason it was not upgrading. We still seeing version 1.1. I think we are not installing Seibel pack properly. It would be great if you could let us know the steps to install Siebel pack.

Thanks