Node configuration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balu124
Participant

Node configuration

Post by balu124 »

Can we set the different node configuration to a perticular job other than the node configuration of the project in which the job exists?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Yes. Add the job parameter $APT_CONFIG_FILE and you can specify the appropriate configuration file at runtime on a per-job basis.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

You can run the job using a configuration file of a different project. But i guess you will need permissions to the configuration folder of that project. Not a good practice.
Havoc
Participant

Post by Havoc »

Add the APT_CONFIG_FILE environment variable to the job.
Set the default value of APT_CONFIG_FILE to the configuration file which you want to use.
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

I added this parameter to a job, but in director I see it still uses the default value for the project (environment variable settings entry in log, and job monitor is showing 3 instances instead of 6 I was hoping for).
Anyway this variable is not showing in job/parameters/add_environment_variable, it's only visible in administrator.
So I had to type it in the job parameters without the "$" character.

What am I doing wrong?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It is visible in the add environment option when adding parameters, it is just very well hidden in the list. Even though I know where it is I still miss it.
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

I apologize. It's there. How do I delete my post? :oops:
Havoc
Participant

Post by Havoc »

ivannavi wrote:I added this parameter to a job, but in director I see it still uses the default value for the project (environment variable settings entry in log, and job monitor is showing 3 instances instead of 6 I was hoping for).
Anyway this variable is not showing in job/parameters/add_environment_variable, it's only visible in administrator.
So I had to type it in the job parameters without the "$" character.

What am I doing wrong?
typing it in without the $ wouldnt help. Then it just becomes a job parameter specific to the job ... You should be able to find it under the Compiler tab.
Havoc
Participant

Post by Havoc »

ivannavi wrote:I apologize. It's there. How do I delete my post? :oops:
You dont need to delete your post.. It happens :) ... But you could mark this post as 'Resolved' ;)
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

I guess the OP will have to do that.