faing difficulty in extracting data from text file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Deepakinstyle
Participant

faing difficulty in extracting data from text file

Post by Deepakinstyle »

Hi All,

I have a job where am trying to extract data from a text file, which is in unix. i have set the format as below

final delimeter-end
record delimeter- UNIX newline
delimeter- comma
quote- double

the job alone is working fine.
later i created a sequence with the above job and called an invocation of the same job, eventhough job alone(if not in sequence) running successfully am getting warning messages in sequence like.

Smac_Transaction_File,0: Missing record delimiter "\n", saw EOF instead

Smac_Transaction_File,0: Import warning at record 0.

Delimiter for field "SSTRADEID" not found; input:

earlier i checked the file in unix there was Ctrl M character at the end of each record, later i deleted them. still am getting same warning messages.

i am confused, please let me know what are the possible solutions.

Thanks,
Deepak
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you sure that you didn't remove the ^J characters when you removed the ^M characters?

Try working with the original file, and using a Record Terminator String property rather than a Record Terminator property.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Deepakinstyle
Participant

Re: faing difficulty in extracting data from text file

Post by Deepakinstyle »

Hi Ray,

There was no ^J character in the file. if i run the job alone its running successfully without any warnings. but in only sequence am getting warnings.
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Check if there is any change in job parameters especially file name if you had parameterized it while running the job through job sequence and without job sequence. You can check this from the log.