Metadata repository for IS v8 (mandatory or non-mandatory??)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Metadata repository for IS v8 (mandatory or non-mandatory??)

Post by ds_is_fun »

Is it mandatory to have a database for metadata repository for Information Server? Can we choose not to have a database metadata repository.
Those who throw objects at crocodiles should be asked to retreive 'em.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is mandatory.

If you don't have one of your own, a copy of DB2 version 9 ships with IIS and you can use that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I've been able to run the Metadata Server on the bundled DB2 database and on the free SQL Server Express. It also runs on Oracle. The database server does not need to be on the same machine as the metadata server though you want fast connectivity between the two. You could put the DataStage Server, the Metadata Server and the repository on different machines.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

But... it must be DB2 version 9, or Oracle version 10g. Any earlier release will not work.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_is_fun »

To use the bundled DB2 which installs with IS, do we have to buy a separate license to maintain it. OR is it considered to bundled with the IS license?
Those who throw objects at crocodiles should be asked to retreive 'em.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Bundled, but licensed only to be used as IIS Repository.