How to ftp the log from command prompt

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to ftp the log from command prompt

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

I have a problem in seeing job log from Director, I am having so many warnings in job due to Foreign Key failures , is there a way can I get the log through ftp . Where can I find the log files in the server

Thanks,
SomaRaju
somaraju
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The 'logs' are hashed files in the job's Project. So, no - you won't be able to access them outside of DataStage. And if you have so many errors that the log either becomes unwieldy or perhaps even corrupted you'll need to take special measures.

I'd suggest you turn off the automatic 'Refresh' option in the Director and then be sure you have the 'Filter' option enabled so that only a small number of the actual records will be shown. Then, View the log. Patience is the key as it will take some time.

If you don't actually need to see the warnings, then determine the job's internal number and 'truncate' it from the Administrator:

Code: Select all

CLEAR.FILE RT_LOGxxxx
Where xxxx if the job number. This will also remove any 'Auto Purge' settings you had for this job so you'd need to re-establish them afterwards.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers