Date Become truncated while exporting from ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rakesh.nc
Participant

Date Become truncated while exporting from ODBC

Post by rakesh.nc »

hi,

In my project i am exporitng data from SQL server to DataSet using ODBC Stage.

The problem is while extracting from SQLserver using ODBC, the data is getting truncated in some of the fields such as char and datetime. here is an example

In SQL the value of Char column inst_month is '200601', but in the ODBC Stage when i See ViewData the inst_month is '2006' and in the target also it is storing the same.

same its happeing in case of datetime coulm last three to four char being truncated.

In SQL
may i know why this is happening
regards,
Rakesh
Cr.Cezon
Participant

Re: Date Become truncated while exporting from ODBC

Post by Cr.Cezon »

perhaps the problem is in the metadata of the column.
see then length of the columns char.

rakesh.nc wrote:hi,

In my project i am exporitng data from SQL server to DataSet using ODBC Stage.

The problem is while extracting from SQLserver using ODBC, the data is getting truncated in some of the fields such as char and datetime. here is an example

In SQL the value of Char column inst_month is '200601', but in the ODBC Stage when i See ViewData the inst_month is '2006' and in the target also it is storing the same.

same its happeing in case of datetime coulm last three to four char being truncated.

In SQL
may i know why this is happening
rakesh.nc
Participant

Re: Date Become truncated while exporting from ODBC

Post by rakesh.nc »

[quote="Cr.Cezon"]perhaps the problem is in the metadata of the column.
see then length of the columns char.

i saw it, the length of the datatype is same as in SQL server.. i dont know still why i date and few char column getting truncated..
regards,
Rakesh