transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddy12
Participant

transformer

Post by reddy12 »

Can any one give me idea?
1.if the field AAAA are negative the data field BBB should be mapped to CCC
2.I have one Sequential file.i need to transform the data like NUM field should be given unique number string at 22222 and should be unique from then. it should be increase in each row.ex 2222210 2222211 2222212 and so on
how can i increase this in transform stage?
3.the file that does not negative values that should be captured and saved separately

i know the first point please give 2 and 3 points

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. Constraint expression (InLink.AAAA < 0) on output port #0.
2. Use stage variable to generate sequence and another to convert same to string which you can concatenate to your source string ("22222"). Note that you will need to take steps that you are generating unique numbers across all processing nodes. Search the forum for techniques. And only generate the next number in the sequence if InLink.AAAA < 0.
3. Constraint expression (InLink.AAAA >= 0) on output port #1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
reddy12
Participant

Post by reddy12 »

Thank you very much Rey
ray.wurlod wrote:1. Constraint expression (InLink.AAAA < 0) on output port #0.
2. Use stage variable to generate sequence and another to convert same to string which you can concatenate to your source string ("2 ...