Datastage Parallel Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Subhasree
Participant

Datastage Parallel Jobs

Post by Subhasree »

Hi all,
I created a parallel job using Difference stage.The Input stage and the output stage i used is Dataset stage.When i run the job im not at all getting any colored line but in director log details itz showing the error as follows :

The file identified as '/home/diff_src.ds' is not an ORCHESTRATE Data Set descriptor.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue and explain me what is orchestrate data set descriptor.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Are u using the same configuration file in the job which create the DataSet and this job where u r getting this warning? The reason is if you create the dataset using some 4 particular nodes, then when reading the data from the dataset your configuration file should include all these 4 nodes.
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

The error tells that '/home/diff_src.ds' is not a DataSet. Make sure that its not a file - (if its a file use the Sequential File Stage).
How was diff_src.ds created?

DataSets are different from files. Go through the chapter on DataSets in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide for more information. Or search this forum, as this has been answered many times here.
------------------
Aneesh
Subhasree
Participant

Hi

Post by Subhasree »

Hi all
Thank you all 4 ur respones.I got the solution...
:)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Care to verify what it (the solution) actually was?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.