Db2 Commit

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Db2 Commit

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

Iam using DB2 API stage to insert data in to an X table . Iam getting an Dead locking issue. I changed my transaction size to 2000 and the job is running fine Iam not facing any issues now, is there a way so that once I finished my work on X table that I can commit the work to free the X table .

Thanks,
SomaRaju.
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage issues a COMMIT when processing its end-of-data condition (unless an earlier error means that a ROLLBACK must be issued).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Ray,

I have two files . First job takes first file and inserts in to Price table and it has transaction size mentioned as 2000 and there is another job with second file it will first update and then insert the same Price table . My requirement is I need to commit once my first job is finish and before starting second job . So from your post Datastage will automatically commit once first job is completed . IF I understood it wrong please correct me .

Thanks,
SomaRaju
somaraju
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

somu_june wrote:So from your post Datastage will automatically commit once first job is completed.
Yes, of course. Assuming it completed successfully, that is - i.e. it did not abort.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers