disc space requirement

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

disc space requirement

Post by kavuri »

Hi,
here I am usinf Datastage for the input and output adaptor for the data type transformations and creation of new data. Here I am in the dsigning stage for the i/p and o/p adaptors using datastage. Here I need to calculate disc space required. Please help me.

Input adapter:
amount of temporary disk space needed
amount of RAM needed
output adapter:
amount of temporary disk space needed
amount of RAM needed

On what point these depends, If you want any more date let me know.

Thanks
Kavuri
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Can you please be more clear on the issue.

For using adaptors / stages in DataStage whe do we you RAM requirements or temporary disk space. What adaptors are you using.

What are you trying to do.

Thanks
kavuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kavuri »

Hi Phanee,
here I am creating some jobs which are acting like adaptors. I need these to create temporary tables in the datastage project. No we have resolved this issue by creating a table in database itself and make a join there. If you have any more information please pass me.

Thanks
kavuri
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It is very difficult to predict disk usage and memory usage accurately. Luckily, much of it is unimportant. If you look at the stages you can see that you have a lot of control of memory by controlling the buffering. Temporary disk space is under less control - in many cases any temporary usage will be to land data that overflows the buffers; but if you do sorting and repartitioning that will use much more space.