Update only

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rafidwh
Participant

Update only

Post by rafidwh »

Hi All,

My source is a Flat file and target is Oracle stage.

Source Col: src col1;src col2; src col3
Target:Tgt Col1

I need to update TgtCol1 in table which is mapped with src col1 and the condition for the update is src col2=tg2 col2 and src col3=tgt col3.
I am not moving col2 and col3 .

Please suggest me how write the query and also how to set the property for update only in Oracle stage.

Please through some light,
Regards,
Rafidwh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First YOU shed some light.

Is this the Oracle Enterprise stage, or one of the other Oracle stages? Your answer affects the advice that we need to give.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rafidwh
Participant

Post by rafidwh »

Ray sorry to confuse it is other oracle stages
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Mark col2 and col3 on the output as Key, and let DataStage generate the UPDATE statement. Choose "update existing rows only" as the update strategy.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sachin1
Participant

Post by sachin1 »

marking other columns as key marks these keyed column to be used for where condition in update clause by oracle stage