handling sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srdhr
Participant

handling sequential file

Post by srdhr »

Hi All,

I am trying to load data from sequential file,which is having null values. After importing the table definition, and at filed level i am defining null value also, I am unable to get the view data. Why? Please clarify my doubt.
Havoc
Participant

Re: handling sequential file

Post by Havoc »

srdhr wrote: Hi All,

I am trying to load data from sequential file,which is having null values. After importing the table definition, and at filed level i am defining null value also, I am unable to get the view data. Why? Please clarify my doubt.
What exactly do you define a 'null value' in a sequential file to be? Can you give a sample of your sequential file? Also, post the error message you are getting when trying to view the sequential file.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

So you are getting an error at the sequential file level or the database level? Please post all the warning messages that you are getting.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.