Formatted length of fields & record<declared length-W

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

My first guess now would be tthat one or more ORA_ environment settings have changed, particularly since all jobs using load are affected.
ssunda6
Participant

Post by ssunda6 »

Ray,

When I changed the record type=implicit to Record delimiter=unix terminator(dos terminator), the job is getting aborted as it is not able to find those line terminators.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please advise what your Record Delimiter and Final Delimiter properties are set to in the Sequential File stage (or if they are not used, tell us that and report whether the Record Length property is being used and with what setting).

Do you happen to know the provenance of this file? That is, where was it generated, by what kind of application, and how did it get to the DataStage server?

I'm still pursuing the theory that it's a DOS line terminator issue. Can you open one of these files with a hex editor (or even vi) and see whether there appears to be a ^M character at the end of each line?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ssunda6
Participant

Post by ssunda6 »

The following are the properties set on Sequential file stage.

Code: Select all

Record type =implicit.
Field defaults->delimiter=none
General->Character set=EBCDIC
Data format=binary
Decimal->Allow all zeroes=yes
I have neither used Record delimiter nor Final Delimiter.
Dint use Record Length Property also.

But I tried Using Record Length property.
1.I set its value to FIXED. Still it gave the warning and the job was successful.
2.When I set its value to 143(source record length), then also it gave the warning.