Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "o

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Titto
Participant

Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "o

Post by Titto »

Hi,

I am getting following error when i tired to view the data thru Oracle stage, any ideas? it looks like permissions but i am not able to find which permissions and which file?

Code: Select all

Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "orchoracle": Permission denied.
Any info is appreciated!

And i did search the forums and i did run install.liborchoracle and stop and start the datastage... still issue exists.

Thanks,
T
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in the lib directory under PXEngine. You will probably find a couple of orchoracle libraries there, one for 9i and one for 10g. Check that you have permissions on those and on the symbolic links that point to them.

-rwxrwxr-x    1 dsadm    dsdev     1348828 Mar 22  2005 lib/liborchoracle10gi686.so
-rwxrwxr-x    1 dsadm    dsdev     1348826 Mar 22  2005 lib/liborchoracle9ii686.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 dsadm    dsdev          23 May 31  2005 lib/orchoracle10g.so -> liborchoracle10gi686.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 dsadm    dsdev          22 May 31  2005 lib/orchoracle9i.so -> liborchoracle9ii686.so
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

Ray,

I checked all the permission as full in in PX/lib directory.

I am also having an issue with ODBC connection
it says

Could not connect to datasource[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded

then i did the DS_CONNECT to the database and i am getting bellow error

SQLConnect error:   Status = -1   SQLState = IM003   Natcode = 0
[ODBC] [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded
Invalid parameter(s) found in configuration file
Is it related to the above one also...could be ...

why it is saying invalid parameters found in configuration file.... i checked configurations directory for *.apt files all looks good to me.
Am i missing anything....

FYI... we just installed DS 7.5.2 on Unix AIX box and we are having these issues.

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,
T
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
Your first problem, "orchoracle" permission denied, has something to with your login ID, assuming you are using the "dsadm", that is not in the Oracle DBA group.

Second problem, [ODBC lib] Specified driver couldn't be found....., has nothing to do with your default.apt file in the Configurations directory. Check your .odbc.ini file instead.
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

Yes, DBA did not give the correct permissions on all the needed files for dsadm id, he gave necessary permission and all permissions and ODBC issues resolved.

Thanks,
T
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For ODBC these libraries are in branded_odbc/lib directory. But your original question specified Oracle stage.

Can you be fully specific about which files had to have permissions adjusted, to aid future searchers?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

Hi Ray,

basically i was having issues with Oracle stage - with permissions but meanwhile i wanted to run the same job with using ODBC stage, there also i got the issues. I raised a ticket to DBA to look into this and he gave 775 on all the Oracle files - so the issues got resolved for Oracle and ODBC stages.

I still need to find out what file were causing the issues ... i will try to post the reply one i get back from DBA.

Thanks,
T
parameswar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by parameswar »

Titto wrote:Hi Ray,

basically i was having issues with Oracle stage - with permissions but meanwhile i wanted to run the same job with using ODBC stage, there also i got the issues. I raised a ticket to DBA to look into this and he gave 775 on all the Oracle files - so the issues got resolved for Oracle and ODBC stages.

I still need to find out what file were causing the issues ... i will try to post the reply one i get back from DBA.

Thanks,
T
Hi Titto,

Could you please help me regarding what permissions and on which files I need to set. I am getting the same error that you faced in oracle stage as well as in ODBC stage.

Thanks in advance,
Param