Close statement in oracle enterprise edition stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

varshanswamy
Participant

Close statement in oracle enterprise edition stage

Post by varshanswamy »

Hi All,

I would like to know if we can use multiple close statements, where we run muliple select statement per close statement in the Oracle Enterprise Edition Stage.

regards,
varsha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried to and, if so, with what result? What does the manual or on-line help suggest?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
varshanswamy
Participant

Post by varshanswamy »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have you tried to and, if so, with what result? What does the manual or on-line help suggest? ...
Ray,

It did'nt allow to do so, I belive it is possible to us multiple close statements when we use DB2 Enterprise Edition, and there has been no reference abt how many close statements can be used in the manual.

regards,
varsha
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I doubt you can use multiple statements. But as Ray said, if you can get it to work, well and good. Try it with different syntax. End it with semicolon without a newline character, with a newline etc.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The Parallel Job Developer's Guide states:

This is an optional property and only appears for the Load Write Method. Use it to specify any command, in single quotes, to be parsed and executed by the Oracle database on all processing nodes after the stage finishes processing the Oracle table. You can specify a job parameter if required.

Note that it says "command", singular.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What would you do with the output of "multiple SELECT statements" in a Close command anyway?

You could always build them into a stored procedure and invoke that. Might even make redirecting/capturing their output easier.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.