View generated objects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Umberto
Participant

View generated objects

Post by Umberto »

Hi

May anybody indicates to me how to view the objects generated by DataStage after the compilation of a Job PX???

Thank you very much in advance

Umberto
g_rkrish
Participant

Re: View generated objects

Post by g_rkrish »

Umberto wrote:Hi

May anybody indicates to me how to view the objects generated by DataStage after the compilation of a Job PX???

Thank you very much in advance

Umberto
can you elaborate your question?
RK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Compiling a DataStage job generates several types of objects, only some of which can be seen at an OS level. Some of the generated code are OSH scripts (i.e. a specialized scripting language) and transform stages are actually c++ programs and object code.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nearly everything is in the RT_SCnnn subdirectory in the project, where nnn is the job number.

Dump and read the score to see what's really to be executed - it may be materially different from your job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Umberto
Participant

Post by Umberto »

Ok, I found it. I selected a Job DS PX, I query the repository to retrieve its jobno and i view the related RT_SCnnn. There are several files but two of this have captured my attention.

OshExecuter.osh and OshScript.osh

When DataStage schedule to run the Job I think that it execute one of this two osh file. Is it right? If yes....I'm not able to understand the command in the osh files. Does it exists any manual about it?

Thank you

Umberto
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You will find at least one Bourne shell script (or BAT file if on a Windows platform) that is responsible for running the osh executable, which gives the Orchestrate shell for executing *.osh files.

Search your manuals for "generated OSH". Also obtain a set of Orchestrate manuals from your support provider for more details about the Orchestrate environment, in particular the Orchestrate Operators manual explains in full detail what each operator does.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Umberto
Participant

Post by Umberto »

ray.wurlod wrote:Nearly everything is in the RT_SCnnn subdirectory in the project, where nnn is the job number.

Dump and read the score to see what's really to be executed - it may be materially different from your ...
Ray I can't read other. Anyway I understood. just another little question. What is Orchestrate? Does it exists any type of documentation about it and about what's happen when I generate a Job, Server or Parallel (what type of objects are created)?

Are you so kind to answer directly at "umberto_tiraboschi@yahoo.it"???

Thank you very much in advance.

Umberto
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. The whole point of premium memberships is to fund this site's bandwidth costs. Shell out - it's less than 30c per day.

There's no point providing a long answer to your question at this time.

On the other hand, if you want to purchase customized training, then please consult my website for offerings.

[For you other smarties, yes I'm aware he won't be able to read that yet.]