Error when checking composite operator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error when checking composite operator

Post by irajasekharhexa »

Hi I have a field which is the type decimal type having length 15 and scale 2 having data ex 0000000000000.11 it has been defined same in all the stages.

But when I am trying to compare it is throwing error as

##W TFCP 000000 11:35:55(001) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0"is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##E TFCP 000011 11:35:55(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Parsing parameters "2,15" for schema type "decimal": Scale (15) is not <= precision (2)

Can pls anybody provide inputs why i am getting this error?.

Regds
Rajasekhar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you 100% certain that you have precision (length) and scale in the correct columns? Can you post the record schema that you are using? DataStage seems to believe you are using precision 2, scale 15.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by irajasekharhexa »

ray.wurlod wrote:Are you 100% certain that you have precision (length) and scale in the correct columns? Can you post the record schema that you are using? DataStage seems to believe you are using precision 2, scale ...
Hi Ray,

I was used reversily in StageVariables.That's why it was throwing Error. I was used earlier Precission as 2 and scale as 15. Now inter changed these values. It's working fine.

Thanks Ray

Regds
Rajasekhar