Job hanging when using $APT_ORA_IGNORE_CONFIG_FILE_PARALLEL

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ssunda6
Participant

Job hanging when using $APT_ORA_IGNORE_CONFIG_FILE_PARALLEL

Post by ssunda6 »

Hi All,

I am using LOAD option in oracle stage. To further improve performance, heard we can use oracle environment variable:

$APT_ORA_IGNORE_CONFIG_FILE_PARALLELISM

When we set its value TRUE, it should automatically partition datastage data to match oracle partitions.

But when I use the above variable, the job gets stuck. Status of the job is shown as RUNNING.

Can anyone please tell me what the problem is?

Regards,
ssunda.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's difficult to say - you haven't really supplied enough information for diagnosis. For example, have you specified a partitioned table? If so, do you have the requisite SELECT privilege on the system tables?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's difficult to say - you haven't really supplied enough information for diagnosis. For example, have you specified a partitioned table? If so, do you have the requisite SELECT privilege on the system tables?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ssunda6
Participant

Post by ssunda6 »

Hi Ray,

The table is partitioned and yes, there is SELECT privilege to the ID that I am using

Regards,
ssunda.