Can i move an PDF object into my oracle target

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raj_prodigy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can i move an PDF object into my oracle target

Post by raj_prodigy »

Hi,
Can anyone please tell how can i use an PDF object itself in to my Oracle target. DO we have a stage to handle this....!

PLease help me asap....urgent requirement....!

Thanks
Raja
Thanks,
Raj
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: I'm sorry that your first post here is for something 'asap' and 'urgent' as there really isn't any such thing here. If you urgently need help you should contact your official support provider, that's why your company pays them the big bucks. Here, we're all just volunteers who help when we can.

No, there's no specific stage for pdf files as they are not your typical ETL targets. First question should pretty much always be - how would you do this without DataStage? Answer that for us and then we can help determine if/how that can be accomplished via the tool or if you are better off taking another approach. Just because DataStage is a mighty fine hammer, that doesn't turn every problem into a nail.

I'd suggest a chat with your friendly neighborhood DBA man if you're not sure of the answer, which will primarily depend on exactly how you plan on storing it in Oracle.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Stick it in a directory (which Oracle can access as an "external table" - Larry-speak for a directory).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
raj_prodigy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks for time

Post by raj_prodigy »

I shall try out the options u mentioned....!
Thanks for the time...!
Thanks,
Raj
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Flat files can be treated as 'external tables' but I don't see how pdf files could. And you'd need to create the Directory object first in Oracle.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One BLOB column. One row.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yah, umm.. well, except like that. :lol:
-craig