Oracle Enterprise - DS Partitioning & PARALLEL=FALSE Opt

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bmsq
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Enterprise - DS Partitioning & PARALLEL=FALSE Opt

Post by bmsq »

Hi guys,

We are using the Oracle Enterprise stage and the Direct path data loading. Our tables have indexes and are partitioned so we use the maintenance index mode. Since this implies the oracle options DIRECT=TRUE and PARALLEL=FALSE, how should we be setting up partitioning in DataStage?

Currently, our jobs a partitioned using the "Auto" option and this has been working fine in most situations. However, we seem to get an error (listed below) when the target table only has a single partition (I know partitioning a table into a single partition sounds weird, but I have my reasons which I will not get into here).

Code: Select all

Error when checking operator: Input data set on port 0 has a partition method, but the operator is not parallel.
From my limited understanding of how Sql*Loader works, DataStage should only execute a single instance of Sql*loader when PARALLEL=FALSE. Does that mean that we should be configuring the Oracle stage to execute in sequential mode?

Thanks in advance,
Barry