Lookup Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

scorpion
Participant

Lookup Error

Post by scorpion »

Hi All,

I am getting following errors while Lookup.

1. Lookup_10: Error when checking operator: Unrecognized type-specific format properties: {case=insensitive}; on key "XXX"

2. Transformer_10: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "YYY".

Note:There was a input column "YYY" in Transformer_10,but still i am getting the error no-2

Transformer_10 is after Lookup_10.

Could any one help me to solve this..
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Examine the generated OSH to see where the case insensitive property occurs - it's the Caseless property in the Lookup stage. Temporarily try clearing it to see what happens.

The second error may be an artifact.

I totally HATE your stage naming conventions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
scorpion
Participant

Post by scorpion »

Thanks For the reply ray,

While doing a Lookup,Can we have field names same in both the tables.

In my job I am looking up the same table data.

main link column name is as same as reference link column name.

I am getting below warning message in my job log:

Lookup_22: When checking operator: Dropping component "ZZZ" because of a prior component with the same name.

Could any one help me this.
Thanx&Regards
scorpion
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

switch off RCP in the lookup stage and try. I guess that would clear this warning. "Lookup_22: When checking operator: Dropping component "ZZZ" because of a prior component with the same name."
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

scorpion wrote:Thanks For the reply ray,
main link column name is as same as reference link column name.
A look up stage should not have the key column names same in its input links (primary and reference).
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not, thebird? Sometimes it must, for example when doing a lookup from a Lookup File Set or when doing a sparse lookup.

The message about dropping a component with the same name can safely be ignored - it's just an alert. You can, except as noted above, eliminate it by effecting a column name change on one of the inputs (a Copy stage is good for this). Or you can create a message handler to demote the severity of the message.

Basically it's warning you that you can't have two columns of the same name on the output.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
surendra_ds
Participant

Post by surendra_ds »

Hi Scorpion

1)This is the error which occurs if you have unwanted columns in reference link .
2) or If you mapped the ZZZ column in previous stages (before lookup) and you are trying to map the ZZZ column once again in an other stage(lookup or join) , such cases it gives this error.
Remove the unwanted columns from reference link or find if you have mapped the ZZZ column in previous stages.

I think it will help...[/quote]
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Thanks for the correction Ray!I totally missed out the Lookup FileSet and Sparse Lookup angles. Was just thinking of the normal Lookup. :(

Aneesh
ray.wurlod wrote:Why not, thebird? Sometimes it must, for example when doing a lookup from a Lookup File Set or when doing a sparse lookup.

The message about dropping a component with the same name can safely be i ...