Phantom Output file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijayrc
Participant

Phantom Output file

Post by vijayrc »

Hi,
Couple of jobs in production failed for our In-Job Controls.
Contents of phantom output file =>
DataStage Job 362 Phantom 4901
EFF_Extractor.Input_File not found in RT_CONFIG (2).
EFF_Extractor.Transformer_1 not found in RT_CONFIG (2).
EFF_Extractor.Input_File not found in RT_CONFIG (2).
EFF_Extractor.Transformer_1 not found in RT_CONFIG (2).

Basically we take in the Link counts of the first job's input and compare with the Link counts of the last job's output as a means of handshaking control mechanism.

The Monitor Info isn't updated for the Job because of this error. Restarting the Job solved the problem. But any directions on this is highly appreciated.
[1] Why does this happen and under what circumstances?
[2] Is there any Log entry that needs to be purged periodically ??

Thanks
Vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Take a look in the directory RT_CONFIG362 in your project directory.

There should be precisely three files: DATA.30, OVER.30 and .Type30

Please advise whether this is the case.
If someone, somehow, has put any other file in this directory, it ceases to behave as a hashed file and begins to behave as a Type 19 (a directory). Since the required records are somewhere in DATA.30, and it's no longer a hashed file, they can't be found.

If you do find another file in RT_CONFIG362 determine how it got there and reprimand the culprit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pavan_Yelugula
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Pavan_Yelugula »

Ray,
The RT_CONFIG362 has only the three files as suggested. It doesn't have any other files....
Two give you a back ground about what is happening...we have two jobs say job1 and job2 where the link count needs to be compared for a proper handshake.

I have a After Job subroutine in my Job2 which takes the link count with DSJ.Me and i have attached my JOB1 and brought the link count from the required links.

But these routines failed last week with the said Phantom error in Job2 so the routine when it brought the link count from Job 2 came up with 0.

This week however Job2 went fine but there was a phanton error in Job1 so the link count from Job1 is 0.

The Phanton error occurs just before the After Job Subroutine Starts. The Job Executes fine but the Phanton Error is making my Routine is come up with 0 link counts....

Is there some way i can avoid this from happening...

Just an observation all the jobs are multi Instanced...Both the weeks the last instance of the jobs had this error...

Thanks
Pavan