DSDB2 Shared Library

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSDB2 Shared Library

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

Iam getting an error when Iam trying to insert data into a DB2 table, Iam using DB2/API stage

Error

main_program: Fatal Error: Fatal: Shared library (dsdb2.so) failed to load: errno = (2), system message = (No such file or directory)

Thanks,
SomaRaju.
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in the "environment variables" message in the job log.

Chances are that it does not include the directories containing DB2 libraries.

You may need to edit dsenv script so that it does.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

ray.wurlod wrote:Check LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in the "environment variables" message in the job log.
Does it matter the type of Unix box you are on? I thought I had heard that different flavors of Unix use different variables. You may use LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Sun or HP, but on AIX you would use LIBPATH.

Not sure about this, though. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Brad.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

bcarlson wrote:Does it matter the type of Unix box you are on? I thought I had heard that different flavors of Unix use different variables. You may use LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Sun or HP, but on AIX you would use LIBPATH.
Yes, it does matter and you have to use the flavor appropriate to your platform.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your help, Iam not finding LD_LIBRARY_PATH from the job log. Can you tell me at what place this env should be added in dsenv file. Can you paste me where this LD_LIBRARY_PATH is located in dsenv

Thanks.
Srinu
somaraju