Overhead due to "Allow Multiple Instance"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SAMEENA
Participant

Overhead due to "Allow Multiple Instance"

Post by SAMEENA »

Hi,
For loading large volume of records from a sequential file to a DB2 database table,I noticed that the speed inreased significantly(it almost doubled) if I checked the "Allow Multiple Instance" chek box.

I just want to know if this would inrease overhead in some way or would it have any impact on the other jobs which are running at the same time?

Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Be more specific. You enabled the MI option - but did you actually run multiple copies of the job at the same time? If not, then I would think your performance increase was due to other factors.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vijayrc
Participant

Re: Overhead due to "Allow Multiple Instance"

Post by vijayrc »

SAMEENA wrote:Hi,
For loading large volume of records from a sequential file to a DB2 database table,I noticed that the speed inreased significantly(it almost doubled) if I checked the "Allow Multiple Instance" chek box.

I just want to know if this would inrease overhead in some way or would it have any impact on the other jobs which are running at the same time?

Thanks in advance.
"Allow Multiple Instance" is to enable the job to run with multiple instance. it shouldn't enhance/deter the performance of any job