Problem in Loading an Oracle Table using Load Option in Data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

varshanswamy
Participant

Problem in Loading an Oracle Table using Load Option in Data

Post by varshanswamy »

Hi,

There is a particular problem which we have encountered.
When we try to load data from

Oracle Table A(Using Oracle Enterprise Stage) To Oracle Table B(Oracle Enterprise Stage)

Using the Write Method= Load, When the column names in both the tables are same then there is no error
say
Table A Table B
a number a number
b number b number
c number c number

but if say

Table A Table B
a number d number
b number e number
c number f number

Then there is an error generated. Is it because the control file is not getting generated in the required format.
What would be possible cause as since the job aborts we do not see any ctl file or log file that is generated in the /Scratch directory.

regards,
varsha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What is your job design, I'm guessing just the two Oracle stages? :?

If so, you'll need something between them to map the columns. For example, to map 'a' to 'd' (etc) in your second example.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
varshanswamy
Participant

Post by varshanswamy »

chulett wrote:What is your job design, I'm guessing just the two Oracle stages? :?

If so, you'll need something between them to map the columns. For example, to map 'a' to 'd' (etc) in your second example.
Do u mean that we need to give an alias for column a as d using a transformer and then map it to the so that it can load the table
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not an 'alias' but yes, a transformer to map the source columns to the target columns. There may be a 'better' stage for this for all I know, but that would work.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Copy stage would be the most efficient to effect the column name change.

The reason for your "problem" is that the collection of column definitions is a property of the link, not of either stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.