orchadmin dump problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

orchadmin dump problem

Post by abc123 »

"Orchadmin dump" copies a datset to a sequential file. However, the problem is, by default, it puts a space after every field. Is there any way to adoid that? I would like to copy a dataset to a sequential file as is, that is, the length of all columns should be exactly the same in the dataset as in the sequential file.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The default separator for the dump option of orchadmin is space, if you wish another character such as the semicolon, you need to add -delim ';'
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

I don't want anything after a field. How do I specify that?
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

It has to be:

-delim ''

Interestingly, "orchadmin dump -help" does not talk anything about -delim. ArndW, where did you find it?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I can't recall, but I'm sure it is in the documentation somewhere. I don't have any pdf's available on this pc, but if it isn't in the advanced programmer's guide then it might be found in the original orchestrate documentation.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try the Orchestrate Administration manual.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Page 173 of AdminInstall.pdf
-delim 'string' Use the string 'string' as a delimiter on top-level fields. Other possible values for this are: nl (newline), tab, and space. The default is a space character.
However, why don't you try Peek stage since this command is almost identical to the peek operator in a data flow.